Friday, April 4, 2008

Road Trip Summers - Title Page for Baseball Scrapbook (1)

This is the title page for my first scrapbook in which I've decided to document all the summer trips I've taken over the years to see baseball games. I'm also going to include pictures of baseball games that family & friends have taken that I didn't necessarily attend but since they're baseball I'm putting them into this book as well. I'm very excited about the whole book and everything I've thought up so far for it. The list is a list of all the ballparks I've been to in my life. Part of me says I don't remember having been to the old Milwaukee Brewers ballpark but my dad insists I have been. He also insists I've been to the Cleveland Indians ballpark but I know for a fact that I've never been to Cleveland. I am 100% sure I stayed home that year because I've never been to Kings Island Amusement Park either and that's the summer which my dad, mom, & brother went there. I stayed home because I had to work. :( Anyway... I counted the Milwaukee ballpark since I somewhat recall it but I didn't count Cleveland because I'm so sure I haven't been there. I'm not worried about it because I'm sure I can make it to Cleveland at some point and mark that ballpark from the list anyway and have pictures to prove it. There are no pictures to proof the old Milwaukee ballpark. ****After talking to my parents it apparently wasn't Cleveland that they claim I've been too. They thought it was the old Cincinnati Ballpark. I'm not sure if it was actually a different ballpark or just the same ballpark with a different name since they change names fairly frequently. But my mom agrees that she didn't think I went because I was already away for college that summer and she didn't recall me having went to Kings Island with the family.

I came up with the name for the book because of two things... 1 because I grew up hearing about how the home team always had the advantage and that "road trips" were always tough because the away team lost the advantage of being at their home stadium. 2 because not only was the away team on a road trip when they played the game I am documenting but I'm on a road trip as well. Road trips for me are much more fun though and I always enjoy watching baseball in person especially when my favorite team or now teams are playing. I know it is totally wrong but I'm a huge fan of the St. Louis Cardinals and the New York Mets. I grew up being a Cardinals fan and then I blame the recent obsession with the Mets on my friend Jody and the Mets absolutely amazing in every way imaginable third basemen David Wright. Not only do I have this weird combo of favorite teams but my husband does too... though is is slightly more unusual because he grew up a Chicago Cubs fan and it was the Mets that beat the Cubs to make it the World Series back in like 1969. As you can somewhat see the Mets are the only team that my husband and I agree on. This also applies to every other sport imaginable. We don't agree on anything. He likes Iowa... I like Illinois... He likes the Bears... I like the Packers... The List just goes on and on.

The page above was really simple to make. I didn't do any stamping and used my cricut and computer for the most difficult parts. Below is the recipe for what I used. If you want more exact details let me know, but I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Scrapbook Page Recipe:
Paper: DP Azure, DP Criese, Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Whisper White, Going Grey
Ink: computer laser printer ink
Accessories: Small & Large SU Star Punches, Cricut with Print Press Cartridge, SU Markers (Bashful Blue, Real Red, Basic Black)
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1


No comments: