Monday, March 31, 2008

First of Many Scrapbook Pages

This is the first of many scrapbook pages that I've done all on my own without casing someone else or having someone tell me what to do. I made this 2 page layout for my scrapbook I've recently started to work on. I'm going to make one with all my trips to baseball stadiums and probably will also include other family vacations in there as well. I've decided to call the book.... "Roadtrip Summers." It's sort of a play on the fact that I"m taking roadtrips in the stories and photos and the fact that the baseball teams are often on roadtrips as well. LOL.

The journaling reads:
"Who would have ever guessed that a week in NYC would lead to a trip to Cincinnati to see the NY Mets play the Cincinnati Reds over Labor Day weekend? Well it did and although the 5 hour trip actually took 6 because of the bumper-to-bumper traffic going into the city. It was more then worth the drive. The Reds have a beautiful stadium but the fact that it was 110 in the shade and there was no breeze to be found anywhere was a bit of a downer. In fact, I ended up getting sick and missed the last 2 complete inning of the game. Even after experiencing the evils of heat exhaustion, I still would make the trip again but maybe next time, I’ll check the forecast a bit better and remember the sunscreen and portable fan!!!"

RECIPE:
Stamps: Sporting Goods
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, DP Notations
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Circuit - Basic & George, 50 States, CM Oval Cutter
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 3

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Great pages! I love the colors! Hope to see more soon!
Chantal, Québec Canada

Ileana said...

Ur scrapbook pages are Fab.. Thanks for sharing