Monday, January 28, 2008

October Technique Class - 2007

My upline had a Christmas in October Technique Class so all the projects were winter/christmas related. I loved it and was really inspired.


I ended up loaning out two of the projects to another friend before I got pictures taken so once I get those back I'll add them to this post. In the mean time I hope you enjoy the sparkle tag punch burst ornament.

I love this project the most and have made a few more since then. I plan on making a ton more too in the colors of my living room so they can go on my christmas tree next year. I wanted to make them for this year but didn't end up having enough time so it'll have to wait until next year. The other times I've made them I gave them as a hostess gift at my workshop so no picture of that one. It looked the same as this one so you're not missing out that much. The other time I just did the star part and attached it to a wedding card. I unfortunately gave the card away at the wedding before taking a picture of it. I'm going to try to replicate it for another wedding I have coming up so I'll take a picture this time and get it posted in a separate blog entry. This are sort of tricky to make but are actually really easy once you get the hang of it. You'll need both tag punches that SU sells. The easiest way to do them is to punch out the small punch and then punch the big one around it like a frame. Once you get the little punched tags you attached them to the vellum with glue. I got lazy on the engagment card and just ran them through my Xryon machine. This makes it all alot easier but you have to be careful not to tear the frames apart. I will post a tutorial with photos to make these in another blog entry sometime soon.

No comments: