Saturday, January 26, 2008

Floral Coasters for Christmas - January 2008



I love these coasters that I made for my good friend Colleen for Christmas. I know I am really late in getting them to her but she is very understanding and loves them so it was well worth the work and the wait.

I made them using acyclic blocks I got from www.kitchensinkstamps.com. I then used SU Crystal Effects to glue the Dew Drops around the edges and top. I got the Dew Drops at Kitchen Sink Stamps as well. I decided that the coasters needed a little lip to catch the condensation from the cups so I put the Dew Drops on the top edge. I then used my Xyron machine to attach the paper and chipboard coasters to the acyclic blocks. I love the way the flowers turned out. I had seen many different designs where people had stamped an image on designer paper and then cut out the section they wanted and attached that to another piece of paper with the same stamped image. Using this idea I stamped the flower from SU's Embrace Life set onto various colors of the designer prints paper and then cut it out. I then attached it to another piece of designer series paper. I love these coasters and plan on making a lot more for myself and friends in the future. I might also have some on here soon for sale and or prizes for the different challenges.

No comments: