Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring Birthday in Winter - Jan 07

I created this card for my cousin's birthday after looking through a card design magazine. I didn't have the right size flower shaped punch and since I didn't have my cricut or any die cuts for my cuddlebug at the time I was forced to improvise. I ended up using a snowflake stamp for the SU set "Merry" and cutting out around it. They didn't look half bad. I used light pastel colors even though her birthday is at the beginning of January because I thought... she's probably use to getting the short end of the stick and getting Christmas/winter type themes on her cards since her birthday is so close to Christmas and is in January.... so why not make something that is cheery and springy. I'm not sure what she thought of the card though since she's never said anything about it. My aunt did say that my cousin got it, but nothing else was said about it. This cousin doesn't care for me a whole lot because of a grudge she's decided to hold. I don't even remember what I did or said 2 years ago that made her mad. Oh well... her deal I guess. I'm over it and am just doing my own thing. Even though I knew I probably wouldn't be given any appreciate for having sent the card I didn't want to send all my other cousins and aunts and uncles cards on their birthdays this year and not her, so I sent her one too. No big deal really in my eyes. The card was really easy to make and didn't cost much in supplies so if she just threw it away... I wasn't out much, and I had fun making it so that's what matters the most.

No comments: