Friday, January 4, 2008

Easter Mice - March 2007

I made a ton of these... 600 or so... for my husband to pass out to his Schwan's customers. It will be the last time I make treat bags for him to pass out that require coloring. He complained the whole time even after promising not to when he talked me into it.


I love these as nice little goody bags for parties and such... I just don't think they're a very good idea for mass quantities anymore. I guess they could be depending on how many you need and what supplies you're using. I wouldn't recommend them though if your stamped image for the front is one that needs to be colored in. My husband has already started to check out the House-Mouse Halloween designs, but it's not going to happen. If I make these again at Halloween I'm going to use a roller to put the design on the 4x4 paper and some other stamp on the front that doesn't require coloring, so all I have to do is cut, punch, stamp and attach everything together.

There were 2 House-Mouse Easter Mice designs stamped on White paper. Then I took those stamped mice and attached them to 3 different colors of paper (purple, green, & yellow). I stamped the Easter eggs from the SU set Tag Time onto 4x4 squares in the 3 same colors as the mice were attached to, and folded them in half. Once all the bags were filled with pastel/Easter M&M's I put the pieces of paper that were folded in half over the top and stapled them close. The mice were then attached over the rough side of the staple.

RECIPE:
Stamps: House-Mouse, Tag Time
Paper: White, Green, Purple, Yellow (all Non-SU)
Ink: Basic Black, Marigold Morning, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst
Accessories: Markers & Colored Pencils
Techniques: Bag Topper
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1

No comments: