Thursday, January 3, 2008

Baby Announcements - September 2007

I made a bunch of these lovely blue cards for a friend to announce the arrival of her second baby boy who was born at the end of September.


I can't remember the name of the technique I used but basically I used versamark and clear embossing powder to stamp the hands and the words I'm here on the front and then used the brayer to apply brilliant blue ink all over the paper, so that the bashful blue paper only showed through where I had embossed the hands and words in the clear EP. Before doing the embossing though I stamped the bashful blue paper using the Aida background stamp in bashful blue ink to give it a little bit of texture. You can see this in the hand prints though the picture doesn't really show this too well. The Aida background stamp is also stamped on the layer of bashful blue paper on the inside of the card as well. The feet are stamped in Brilliant Blue and cut out then popped up on dimensionals so they can be used as photo corners.



Card Recipe:


Stamps: I'm Here, Bundle of Joy, Aida
Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Dimensionals, Corner Rounder, Clear Embossing Powder, Brayer

No comments: