Wednesday, November 14, 2007

April Technique Class - 2007

I made these cards at my upline's April technique class.



I had seen tons of talk about embossing a pop tab but was a bit afraid to try it myself at home so I asked her if we could do it during class and she said yes and came up with this beautiful card design. It's really too bad this stamp set is retired now. I know she's going to miss it and I was finally warming up to it myself. Oh well there are plenty of other stamp sets out there.

We also did another card using hole punches which is very fun. I wasn't so sure about the frog when we started but it turned out really cute and am glad I gave him a chance. I think with some slightly different colors that this card could be used very easily for a boy's birthday.

My favorite card project of the night though was the triangle fold card we made. I have already cased this card design several times. I love how complicated it looks and yet it is very simple. That is if you get the measurements right and fold on the score lines in the correct direction. All things you learn fairly quickly if you've messed up.



CARD RECIPE #1:
Stamps: Petal Prints, Warmest Regards
Paper: brocade blue, more mustard, whisper white
Ink: brocade blue, chocolate chip
Accessories: pop tab, paper piercer, chocolate ribbon
Techniques: embossed pop tab
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 3-4

CARD RECIPE #2:
Stamps: Unfrogettable, Daisy Wheel
Paper: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Coral
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Punches
Techniques: Punches
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 3

TRIANGLE FOLD CARD RECIPE:
Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley, That's Nice
Paper: Petals & Paisley, Old Olive, Regal Rose
Ink: Bashful Blue, Pixie Pink, Old Olive
Accessories: Ribbon, Glue Dot
Techniques: Triangle Fold

No comments: