Friday, March 16, 2007

Sell-A-Bration Open House - Jan 2007

Every so often my upline has an Open House in which she shows off the newest Stampin' Up stuff and has a make an take for everyone to make and enjoy. At this year's event she showcased the Polka Dots & Paisley set from the Spring Mini and explained that if you signed up as a demonstrator during Sell-A-Bration that you would get this set for free in your demo kit. I was so excited. I wasn't sure about this set originally but after getting it for free and then playing around with it some I've grown to really like it. It is not my favorite but it is definitely up there on the list of favorites. What has definitely helped me get more use out of my different stamp sets is to look at different stamping/card/scrapbooking magazines for ideas and then just playing around trying to create stuff that resembles the ideas on the books and magazines but with the stuff I already have in my stamping stash. I also spend alot of time checking out other people's galleries on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ It's a great site for ideas. Membership is free too which is a plus. I have a link to my gallery under my profile if you'd like to see more of projects. In that gallery it also has a list of supplies I used to create the design so that is also helpful. If you want a better list or exact measurements feel free to email me and I can come up with those for you that way. Anyway... this was one of the first cards that got me thinking more towards spring and less towards making cards for next Christmas already. I'm still thinking about that don't get me wrong but I have put those plans on hold until I can get some spring, Easter, and brighter colored cards made first. Enjoy!!!

No comments: