Sunday, March 9, 2008

Winter Swirls - August 2007

I made this card for a swap I participated in as part of a yahoo group. I stamped the tree in whisper white craft ink and then embossed the tree in whisper white embossing powder. For the background I used the shaving cream technique. It is pretty simple to do. I have found the best type of shaving cream is the cheap stuff from the dollar store. It does not work with the gels it must be the white cream kind. Once you've sprayed some shaving cream on a paper plate or something like that and then you just take a few drops of re-inkers and swirl them around with a plastic knife or something similiar. Then you put your paper down on top of the shaving cream for a few seconds and then pull it up and whip off the shaving cream and the paper now has a nice swirly/tie dye effect. I plan on making another card using this technique again and will make a tutorial at that time for this technique.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Solemn Stillness
Paper: Handsome Hunter, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: White EP, Bashful Blue & Brillant Blue Reinkers, Gold Stretch Cord, Gold Eyelets
Techniques: Shaving Cream & Embossing
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 3

1 comment:

Ramblin Rose said...

I can see I'm going to have to visit here again. I like your shaving creme background with this card.

Ramblin Rose