Friday, February 15, 2008

Wedding Album - December 2007

I finally got the wedding album and surprise completed for my cousin & his wife done. They got married in a wonderful and beautiful ceremony in April 2007 down in the hills of Kentucky. I was lucky enough to be able to attend and had a blast. I wish they lived closer because even though they're distant cousins in relation they are so close in family ties & love. Anyway... after having such a wonderful time in Kentucky visiting and partying I decided I needed to make a surprise for the newlyweds and this album is what I came up with. It took me several months to get it all put together and make the final decisions on what I should do on each page but I think it turned out wonderful and the new bride absolutely loved it.

BOOK RECIPE:
I have bought a bunch of the 7 gypsies board books that I used to make this album. I have found them at several online stories and ebay for reasonable prices. I'm sure some of the local craft stores carry them as well but at the time I bought them I hadn't found the ones I wanted at the local stores I have, so I went online.

To make the book I used a combination of current and retired Stampin’ Up stamp sets including but not limited to doodle alphabet, butterfly of happiness, world tour, in the spotlight, sidekick sayings, perennial friendship, that’s nice, and define your life. The paper and inks used were Petals & Paisley DP, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Almost Amethyst, and whisper white. I used mainly craft ink because of the embossing but some classic was used. To add the sparkle I used both Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. Last but not least I used a wide variety of Stampin’ Up paper punches.

No comments: