Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sweet Scallops - January 2008

So I finally got around to posting a picture of my first Sale-a-bration card. I love the So Many Scallops set and am working on making some more cards with different layouts and such. So far this one is definitely my favorite though. Not only do I love this stamp set but I also love this berry bliss paper. It seems to coordinate perfectly with the stamp set.

The card is very easy to make and I'm working on trying to provide more details in my blogs with directions and such so forgive me if this gets wordy.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: So Many Scallops
Paper: Berry Bliss DP, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Large Brass Eyelets, Soft Subtle Brads, Crop-a-dile, & Paper Piercer

To make the card I started out with a piece of 5 1/2 x 11 piece of pretty in pink paper. I then folded that in half and used the bone folder to smooth out the fold. For the next layer I cut a piece of purely pomegranate that was 5-1/4 x 4. I then cut the berry bliss designer paper which is (I'll have to look it up and let you know). Then I went onto the center pieces. I stamped the so many scallops image on whisper white and then used the SU Scallop Punch to punch out the image. Then you use the crop-o-dile to punch a large circle in the center of the stamped image & insert the eyelet. I didn't set the eyelet completely and then punched a hole in the pretty in pink square. I then attached the image to the pretty in pink square and set the eyelet the rest of the way. The crop-o-dile I have doesn’t quite have a long enough reach to do it all in one step. So the easiest way to do it would actually be to use the eyelet setter in the crafter's tool kit, which I ended up doing after the first card. The pretty in pink squares are both the same size and they are (I'll look it up and let you know) and the purely pomegranate square is just 1/8 smaller then the pretty in pink layer. I then poked wholes in the corners and inserted the brads.

I hope you enjoy the card and feel free to case it.

No comments: