Monday, January 28, 2008

Halloween Treats - October 2007

I made a ton of cello bags filled with miniture bite-size candy bars with this topper on them for halloween treats. The majority of the treats were suppose to be given to my husband's Schwan's customers but he had a change of jobs at the beginning of October so we ended up having a ton left over. It's okay. We just took the candy out of the cello bags and used it for other things. I did not eat it though if that's what you were thinking. He took it to his new job. I was so happy that he got a new job when he did though a bit frustrated as well just because I had spent so much time and energy on these darn treat bags just to have him not need them anymore. It's okay though. It's all working out for the best. At least this time he didn't complain the whole time we were making them because he was tired of coloring in all the House-Mouse designs like he did at Valentine's & Easter.
Topper Recipe:
Stamps: Batty For You, Arachnophobia
Paper: Only Orange, Vintage Violet, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop Punch, 1 1/4 Circle Punch
Techniques: Bag Topper
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1

Directions: To make a bag topper is quite simple and you can make a huge variety of them. I use the small/medium cello bags. They measure about 4 inches across the top. You can fill the bags with just about anything and you can get them from SU, your local hobby stores, and online. I prefer the ones from SU. Anyway... to make the topper it is best I find to use 12x12 paper but you can use other sizes as well. You just end up with extra paper. You start by cutting the paper in 4x4 squares. I then score at 2" and fold in half. Once I do this I put it over the top of the bag and put one staple in the middle. For this halloween design. I took the Batty For You set and stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White paper. I then punched out the design using the 1 1/4" circle Punch. It's easier to stamp and then punch then to try to stamp on the little punched circle. Once I got that done I then punched out vintage violet using the scallop punch. I then attached all the circles to the middle of the scallop punch outs. I put the endorsements over the rough side of the staple so that it can't catch on other things or on the little kids fingers. Just about anything can be used. If you notice from past posts I've attached square images as well as this smaller scalloped image.

No comments: