Tuesday, November 13, 2007

March Technique Class - 2007


We made this altered gift card tin and mini accordian scrapbook at the March Technique Class. Sticking with my inability to make decisions on what pictures to include and exclude on even the most simple scrapbook related items this album is not completed yet either.

RECIPE FOR TIN & SCRAPBOOK:
Stamps: Doodle This, Warm Words, So Very, Doodle That
Paper: Various SU Papers
Ink: Various SU Inks
Accessories: Gift Card Tin, Crystal Effects, Markers, Blender, Ribbon
Techniques: Altered Tin, Mini Accordian Scrapbook

Along with the altered gift card tin and mini accordian scrapbook we also made two cards. The first one is posted here with its recipe but the second one I can not share online because my upline who designed the card submitted it for a challenge. If she wins the challenge the card could be published so she asked us not to share it. I'm sure since since I'm now writing this post several months later it might be okay but I am not going to risk upsetting her so I'm going to keep it off my blog and out of SCS still until she tells me otherwise. For the non-posted card we used the polished stone method. I have heard many people say they hate that technique though I'm not sure why because I found it to be fairly easy and the results were stunning. I wasn't thrilled with the way mine looked exactly but I could tell if I hadn't done such a quick and sort of sloppy job with the metallic ink that it could have been a lot better.
CARD RECIPE #1:
Stamps: Weathered
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Au Chocolate
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Oval Punches, Circle Punch, Tab Punch
Techniques: Punches Galore
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1

No comments: